Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Mathematics Marathon 08

As I sed, I went to the Maths Marathon 08 at HELP Institute, Damansara. Fuh, findin the place was really difficult seein tat the college is actually underground (no, seriously)!!!!
I was there together wif my team members Hong Joo n Jared & another team comprisin of Kin Wai, Sivaraj n Kang Sheng . There were about 57 teams altogether from all across the country.

The competition was tough. Many teams came from elite schools or chinese independent schools whose maths was godlike. No chance for us, the simple Malaccans. But I like the part when I was called in to do the Sudoku. All player 2 are to start on 11am but I had 5mins xtra cos Hong Joo finished his maths paper early (the competition is like a relay race). So I started on 10.55am. The Sudoku was not wat I expected...cos it was far easier. Hence, I was able to finish all 3 Sudokus in 10 MINUTES!!! Hehe, the kor-kors n chie-chies there were so surprised to c my hand up 5mins after 11am. They kept lookin at their watches n they showed total disbelief. HAHAHA their faces were priceless. Needless to say, I was able to giv Jared a 25minute head-start wif the IQ Test.

Unfortunately, we werent able to get to the top 8 places cos as I say, our competition were super-great-minds. But at least I didn go back empty handed!! Bcos there were side-competitons at the main lobby (try to be the fastest to solve a minesweeper game, Rubiks cube or tat guidin-a-rod-thru-an-electric-maze-thingy(not sure wats it called)). I was able to solve the Rubiks cube at 1.27minutes & I was awarded the fastest solver in the 1-2pm hour (these competitions was held hourly). N I got myself a mug wif a lion on it....ahahah







<<< The mug i won (Hello! How are you?)







<<< From this pic, any1 wud noe its a chick flick & I shudve known tat oni Brits use the term snog instead of kiss...

Later tat day, after dinner, Jared, Hong Joo n I went to Sunway Pyramid to watch a movie. But cant watch Bolt cos Jared watched it d. So, we settled for a show which I doubt will reach Melaka. The show was Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. Initially, I was skeptical bcos the title wasn appealin to me (snog instead of kiss??) but I couldn care (juz buy the ticket n watch the friggin show). When it started, oh it was a chick flick (shudve known) & OHHH-SOOOOOO-BRITISH!!!! However, it was funny but the plot was not challengin tho its gud since ive hardly watched any chick flicks. I'll giv it a rating of 3.2/5 (s
ry Jared). The show is pretty open-minded bcos the producers dun bother bout showin a 40+ year old woman wearin thongs (some of u might say so wat? but to me its really disgustin). Tho u can learn a thing or 2 from here like the Kiss Scale or wat nunga-nunga means.





After tat, we had no idea wat to do. So, we went window shoppin n this archery range caught me eye. Me n Jared played while Hong Joo didn want to (didn noe y, he seems to be SMSin the whole day). The picts r comin later cos Jared has not uploaded them into his com yet. W8 for it!!!


So tats it!!! The outin was vry fun & I was able to be aquainted wif Dota players from Kuantan n KL. Tats it for today n w8 for the post on the Sunway Lagoon's outing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment